forum formatting.

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM

hey! i love the site it's very cool :) but there's some formatting that could be done here in the forums to make it easier on my (our?) eyes - making the RE: topic on each response smaller, making the font color of the actual response bigger & darker, making the words in the original post go below the topic of the post in the thread.

thats all for now - add your own
devon

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: forum formatting.

    Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM

    devon314 wrote:
    hey! i love the site it's very cool :) but there's some formatting that could be done here in the forums to make it easier on my (our?) eyes - making the RE: topic on each response smaller, making the font color of the actual response bigger & darker, making the words in the original post go below the topic of the post in the thread.

    thats all for now - add your own
    devon


    Also, I'm not a fan of the white font on the forum main page that says the name of the last active thread. Am I the only one who has to highlight that to read it?

  2. Re: forum formatting.

    Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:31 AM

    maybe also some information about each user could be added under our avatar/icons - how many posts we have, where we are from etc :)

  3. Re: forum formatting.

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM

    devon314 wrote:
    maybe also some information about each user could be added under our avatar/icons - how many posts we have, where we are from etc :)


    all that is shown if you mouse over the avatar.

  4. Re: forum formatting.

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    Who wants to mouse over an avatar all the time though?
    Jessica M. Brown

  5. Re: forum formatting.

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 7:03 PM

    I'm with Devon. The site is pretty, but the readability of the fonts could be a lot better. It looks like the only thing we can really do is make our fonts bigger, but it's ridiculously big at 200 pt. and that's kind of obnoxious, isn't it? And I agree I'd like to see the other typical forum features - location, number of posts, etc. mousing over for that is annoying.

  6. Re: forum formatting.

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:43 PM

    Aira Silver wrote:
    Who wants to mouse over an avatar all the time though?
    Jessica M. Brown


    I actually really love the mouse over feature. Keeps everything clean.

  7. Re: forum formatting.

    Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM

    soldierizwillbe wrote:
    I actually really love the mouse over feature. Keeps everything clean.

    I think it wouldn't detract much to have a username, location, and post number beneath the name. You could still mouse over for the extra stats, like points and things, but I would very much like to at least have a name to link with each picture, you know? Even when you see a quote somewhere it's like, "Aira Silver? Who's that?" and then you have to find the original post to see who it is since all you really know at first glance is what they look like, no name.